Hello! I am a musician, singer/song-writer, and teacher. I have been creating music and teaching people of all ages since 1983. My goal in both my performances and teaching is to invite my audiences and students to share a sense of creating community through singing and playing together.
I grew up in a family that traveled a lot, and sang a lot! We sang old folk songs, jazz standards, and whatever else we could think of as we drove along.
When I was 15, I moved to Israel, and completed my high school degree at the Rubin Academy of Music in Jerusalem. I then continued my musical training in piano pedagogy, both in the conventional and the Suzuki systems, and early-childhood music and movement. I studied for many years with Anne Barlin, who is considered one of the “mothers” of the dance therapy field and an experienced teacher of the Dalcroze system. I maintained a private piano studio in my home for 15 years, as well as teaching pre-school and early elementary music and movement classes in a number of local schools in the area I lived in.
In 1998, my family and I moved to the United States, and since then I have led classes and family music programs in the greater Columbus, Ohio area in a variety of schools and organizations, including:
- The Columbus Metropolitan Libraries
- The Upper Arlington Library
- The South-Western Libraries
- The Columbus Symphony Orchestra Youth Concerts
- Arjuna Movement Arts
- Wise Ways
- The Jewish Community Center Pre-School
- Boulevard Presbyterian Pre-School
- Columbus Park and Rec Summer Music Programs
- Days of Creation, Arts for Kids
- The Dublin Rec Center
- The Dublin Arts Council
- Little Dreamers Big Believers
- Temple Israel
- Congregation Tifereth Israel
- Congregation Ahavas Sholom